Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone!

Time for another sneak peek!

We have been making a ton of progress on the Kingdoms plugin. Since the last sneak peek we have added plots functionality, finalized perms and expanded the infrastructure to the backend of the plugin to improve performance. Considering we shared some of Kingdoms last time already, we want to show you some of the other changes.

| In-game Ranks

One of the most asked questions we get is "Do I have to buy the ranks in order?" And so far our answer has been yes. However, Starting in season 2 we have decided to completely remove in-game ranks. SAY WHAT! Yes, we have completely disabled the ability to purchase ranks with in-game money. However, We are replacing it with something brand new! Unlocks. Basically this has all the exact same perks (with a few tweaks) as the usual rank perks. You'll be able to buy any perk you like without the need to buy ranks in order. This allows you to customize your selection of perks and only buy what you really want or need. If you wish to unlock all of them, you'll have to make a lot of money because not all of them will be cheap.

Speaking about making a lot of money, let's talk about jobs.

| Jobs

An all-time favorite plugin on AzertuMC. However, we are making big changes to it. Let me tell you some of the changes regarding jobs.
  • Max level will be level 50 instead of 75
  • Jobs exp will no longer scale up depending on your job level. Only money will do this.
  • Added a new way to calculate the level increment for each level. This means its more balanced to how it was before.
  • Lower "target pay" in season 1 our goal was to make players earn $250,000 per hour when at level 75. This will drop down to $75,000 at level 50 in season 2. This will rebalance the entire economy and hopefully encourage player markets.
Another big change is that 4 jobs will be "removed" from the server. We are only going to have 7 jobs in total. The jobs that are being removed will be integrated into the 7 existing ones so technically they are not fully gone.

| No more End Dimension?!

Another change that is coming to season 2 is that there will be no end dimension. The end will be completely disabled.
You might be wondering, how do I get all this end loot? NO PANIC! We have solutions.
  • Endstone can be crafted by placing 2x2 sandstone in your crafting grid. This will give you 4 endstone.
  • Enderman have a chance to drop Chorus Flower. This flower can be used to start your chorus farm.
  • Elytra's and Shulker Shells will be obtained from crate rewards and other in-game events that might occur.
You might be wondering... What is the reason behind this? Well, Last time we had issues were only a handful of people got the chance to raid the end dimension. Early gamers took it upon their task to wipe out the entire end in the first couple of days the server has launched. giving them a massive amount of Shulker boxes and selling them for insane profits because nobody else had the chance. This time we are one step ahead. This will make it more fair for everyone to get Shulker Boxes without having to pay tons of money for them.

This also means that the dragon will no longer be able to be fought, unfortunately.
However, we might host a few "killing the dragon" events on the server in case people want us to.

| Spawner Wrench

A brand new item coming to season 2! The Spawner wrench. This wrench can only mine spawners and has a limited amount of uses.
This also means you won't be able to Silk Touch Spawners any longer. You'll have to obtain the Spawner wrench in order to do so.

That's gonna be it for today's preview.

Please note that some of this information might change when we get closer to a finalized version and if you have any suggestions or feedback we highly encourage you to post them at https://azertumc.com/suggestions/

Whisper

Known Member
Don't see why you can't make the end only be the main island (just block the rest with worldborder) and make it so you can't mine any of the island blocks, letting everyone fight the dragon at will and still blocking all of the end loot and whatnot

dalamori

Will there be an alternate way for us to obtain dragon's breath in the quantities needed for commercial alchemy?

Don't see why you can't make the end only be the main island (just block the rest with worldborder) and make it so you can't mine any of the island blocks, letting everyone fight the dragon at will and still blocking all of the end loot and whatnot
I think this would be great! Even if its only on weekends or something, idk?

Chrras

Changes can be dramatic, but it'll be awesome anyway! Looking forward to it.

Desu

Grandmaster Contributor
I know that I am super late to this but I thought that I could at least try to get my opinion out there. This doesn't really have anything to do about what was leaked in this fourm thread but I just wanted to say PLEASE ADD A NETHER RESOURCE WORLD.... The best way to implement this would be maybe to get rid of blaze spawners spawning in the resource world. Every single job has a renewable factor to it, like the resource world and spawners fund jobs. Hellworker is the only job that doesn't have this, yes the nether is massive and will probably take a while to clear out, but it is a possibility, and some people probably want to build in the nether and it makes it hard when people tear chunks out of it.

Nate6024

Grandmaster Contributor
I know that I am super late to this but I thought that I could at least try to get my opinion out there. This doesn't really have anything to do about what was leaked in this fourm thread but I just wanted to say PLEASE ADD A NETHER RESOURCE WORLD.... The best way to implement this would be maybe to get rid of blaze spawners spawning in the resource world. Every single job has a renewable factor to it, like the resource world and spawners fund jobs. Hellworker is the only job that doesn't have this, yes the nether is massive and will probably take a while to clear out, but it is a possibility, and some people probably want to build in the nether and it makes it hard when people tear chunks out of it.
1) Hellworker is no longer and may only have a chance to come back if, Sirk decides to upgrade the server to 1.16.
2) I do agree that we should get a nether resource, but sadly Sirk denied it (again) a couple of days ago on the discord. I do like the fact that you pointed out that miners/digger/LJ have the resource world, but hellworker doesn’t get the same treatment. Maybe this will change some minds in the future after hellworker & the 1.16 update are released.

Desu

Grandmaster Contributor
1) Hellworker is no longer and may only have a chance to come back if, Sirk decides to upgrade the server to 1.16.
2) I do agree that we should get a nether resource, but sadly Sirk denied it (again) a couple of days ago on the discord. I do like the fact that you pointed out that miners/digger/LJ have the resource world, but hellworker doesn’t get the same treatment. Maybe this will change some minds in the future after hellworker & the 1.16 update are released.
Hellworker is super fun for me I don't know why but it hits different than mining even though it is virtually the same job. Also the Nether has a big update in 1.16 so there are even more possibilities to the Hellworker Job(tbh not that much but you get the idea). I do understand that it is demanding having a 3rd world being added to a server but it just makes sence. Or I might be getting it wrong, I see the resource world as like sort of a separate minecraft world, but maybe it is like outside the barrier.... idk

Another big change is that 4 jobs will be "removed" from the server. We are only going to have 7 jobs in total. The jobs that are being removed will be integrated into the 7 existing ones so
If what the post said is completely accurate, no jobs are getting completely removed, just being integrated with others. So it sounds like if hellworker was removed, it would get pushed with another job??

Nate6024

Grandmaster Contributor
Most likely miner will get paid for breaking Netherrack, farmer will get paid for harvesting Netherwart and digger will get paid for breaking soul sand. I wouldn’t expect more than that.

Desu

Grandmaster Contributor
Yeah Quartz will also go with miner probably but idk about the crafting factors of the job.

SirInsatiable

been a LONG time since ive played. updates like this make me interested again. :)

ATanimal

Known Member
This has me excited for a minecraft come back! I missed this server!

Would be interesting to see how this affects Artist and Chef jobs.

I feel like as soon as the reset is complete the server will be so laggy because of all the people that are going to be playing and gathering resources.