Bucket o' Experience

KillaSnow

Grandmaster Contributor
If added, I'd suggest it gives not levels, but the xp needed from level 0 to 30, being 1395 experience. It would also cost this amount as well.

However, I can see this not being added as the use for it and unknown. Perhaps more so the ability to store xp in bottles could be a solution as well.

Obsidian__Golem

Grandmaster Contributor
this sounds cool, like really cool. right now xp bottles do the same thing but you need like 2 stacks of them to do anything useful and with how often people vote and how may people grind mobs this would be a cool way to make levels more useful and encourage people to vote more. Only addition I would make is to force sirk to use a custom texture on it where it looks like xp in the bucket, that strange greenish color. I could do that even, like 5 minutes i can make a custom texture for it

Edit, Took more like 7 minutes but yeah here you go.
https://minecraft.novaskin.me/skin/4906734472/Bucket-o-Experience
Bucket o' Experience.pngBucket o' Experience.pngBucket o' Experience.png

Last edited:

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
I like the idea behind it. However, what would the purpose be? As of right now there would be no benefit in storing experience.

NotCoolMax

I like the idea behind it. However, what would the purpose be? As of right now there would be no benefit in storing experience.
maybe for players without Harpy and up? losing levels is very frustrating from a first person perspective, i think everyone could agree

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
maybe for players without Harpy and up? losing levels is very frustrating from a first person perspective, i think everyone could agree
But, do people really use regular enchanting after a few days on the server?
I think we should focus more on giving experience a better use first before we implement something like this.

NotCoolMax

But, do people really use regular enchanting after a few days on the server?
I think we should focus more on giving experience a better use first before we implement something like this.
I see your point but if XP was given a better use then wouldnt the whole concept of this become useless as it would be OP to have something that stores your XP, if its only used for something minor then fair enough.

Kanarinac

Maybe when drank, mending can use the exp like it does with orbs, making fixing items a lot less annoying, both useful for pvp (carrying 15 stacks of bottles just for 1 fight since 1.16 fights are like that is annoying), and for grinding jobs that damage tools a lot.