Item Pickup Filter

Rhiannon

Administrator
Staff member
Hello! Thanks for the suggestion! I believe this has been suggested in the past. It was denied due to being able to line your inventory with the item(s) you wish to pick up, rather than a filter being implemented.

Nate6024

Grandmaster Contributor
Bump.

Hello! Thanks for the suggestion! I believe this has been suggested in the past. It was denied due to being able to line your inventory with the item(s) you wish to pick up, rather than a filter being implemented.

Yes this can be easily done with sorting your inventory with ores/other specific items, however with the introduction of /condense we need this more than ever.

Even if you were to sort your inventory beforehand, once you use /condense for ores it all gets rearranged in your inventory and sometimes in the process you pick up items that you didn’t want to in the first place.

This is a quality of life feature that all miners need to supply the economy with ores and a feature that all other jobs could benefit from.

Last edited:

xP9nda

Grandmaster Contributor
Even if you were to sort your inventory beforehand, once you use /condense for ores it all gets rearranged in your inventory and sometimes in the process you pick up items that you didn’t want to in the first place.

I agree with what Nate said here, using /condense can completely mess up the line-filled blocks as there is no way to ensure that at least 1 of the item will stay in a given inventory slot.

due to being able to line your inventory with the item(s) you wish to pick up

Sometimes players may not have the blocks they need to line their inventories, such as when you go mining and sell all of your ores and minerals, you have none left. I have to keep spare iron ore/gold ore/diamonds in my enderchest so that I can line my inventory every time I go mining. It's a pain as I also have to make sure I keep the right amount of ore when I'm done so that I don't sell the blocks I use to line my inventory.

I think adding an item filter would get rid of the pain of lining your inventory, which can be very tedious and annoying at times, especially if your inventory fills up quickly and you have to sell what you've gathered but then you need to line your inventory again and again and again, which means you have to keep a specific number of blocks afterwards, this just wastes time... an item filter would get rid of the hassle and would be a great quality of life feature as Nate said, not only for miners, but diggers, lumberjacks, farmers, and potentially fishermen too.

GhostLibra

Adding-
Coal and Diamonds serve as a good example too. You can line your inventory with them, but you can get a full inventory of coal really fast, then once you /condense you have to reline your inventory. Then everytime you come across a new block you want to collect you have to go back into inventory and rearrange it/re-line it