Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Rejected Marry plugin pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaayyCast

A lot (the majority) of members of the community want to be able to '/marry' their friend / significant other. It could add a lot of interesting roleplay aspects to the server. There could possibly be some sort of perk to marrying? For example, plot taxes could be split between the two, and both partners can edit each other's claimed plots/towns (if said person owns the town)?

I don't think it will affect rp in any significant way. You certainly don't need a skill to rp. It also will lead to weird drama. I can already see the *reeee*'s of neckbeards and legbeards getting possessive and pissy when their SO (that they objectify into property) starts talking to someone else or god forbid wants a /divorce to /marry someone else. We have enough drama from outside our small ranks; no need to add more inside when it can be avoided.

That said, some tax share thing is always a neat idea, but I think you can already share that burden by making someone a mayor/co-mayor. Heck, anyone can pitch in to the town's savings, right?

RaayyCast

I don't think it will affect rp in any significant way. You certainly don't need a skill to rp. It also will lead to weird drama. I can already see the *reeee*'s of neckbeards and legbeards getting possessive and pissy when their SO (that they objectify into property) starts talking to someone else or god forbid wants a /divorce to /marry someone else. We have enough drama from outside our small ranks; no need to add more inside when it can be avoided.

That said, some tax share thing is always a neat idea, but I think you can already share that burden by making someone a mayor/co-mayor. Heck, anyone can pitch in to the town's savings, right?
This post was mostly ironic and was put together in about 8 minutes. I know sirk will never add it. This is fantastic feedback though, and i agree with your points.

Status
Not open for further replies.