Rejected Pronouns Tag Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desu

Grandmaster Contributor
Since Pride Month has begun I feel that it is fitting if we add a role feature on the discord where you can select your pronouns from He/Him, She/Her, They/Them, Xe/Xem, as well as an "Ask Me" option, in case their pronouns are different. As well as adding these new roles or tags please make sure that an individual would be able to select more than one, for instance I would choose He/Him and They/Them as I associate myself with both pronouns.

Edit: Someone pointed this out so I'm just clarifying that I am suggesting that we add a role bot to the discord and maybe make it a profile option on the server page. Sorry I didn't clarify...

Edit (pt.2): Also it would be a good promotional move bc we could reinforce the servers ally to the queer community bringing in more players.

Lmk what you think about this fun and inclusive feature!!

Happy Pride!!

Last edited:

DeadDaySam

Known Member
I don't think we should introduce this kind of culture into the server, it may cause problems regarding how some people view lgbtq. Plus we don't need more titles, the chat would become too confusing and clustered.

Natemare_

sounds like a good idea! it's great to be able to know what pronouns to use for everyone :D

Desu

Grandmaster Contributor
I don't think we should introduce this kind of culture into the server, it may cause problems regarding how some people view lgbtq. Plus we don't need more titles, the chat would become too confusing and clustered
The purpose for the change that I'm suggesting isn't to change the outside perspective of the lgbtqia+ community, it is instead so that we can take pride in our own pronouns, also I'm not referring to tags in minecraft I mean roles in discord sorry I didn't clarify.

GhostLibra

I am failing to see what this has to do with minecraft, though. The servers discord provides a place for us socialize with each other, but we should still refrain from straying too far from things mc/stickymc related.

Desu

Grandmaster Contributor
I am failing to see what this has to do with minecraft, though. The servers discord provides a place for us socialize with each other, but we should still refrain from straying too far from things mc/stickymc related.
We can't deny that we are a community though, and within our community we have prominent members of the lgbtqia+ community and we should be able to own it and our pronouns...

(not the community our identity lol ;-; )

Status
Not open for further replies.