Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!

Looking Into 'Q' Drop warning before dropping valuable items.

Like on Azertu, I think a warning before you drop a high-value item should appear. That way there's no chance of accidentally dropping your good sword, pick, etc. when you're in battle or in a dangerous area.

If you agree, please like and/or reply to this post to voice your agreement.

xP9nda

I think this should be added, I drop my tools all the time and it's really annyoing.

SirSalad

Grandmaster Contributor
I like the suggestion, but you should also just change your drop key.

Spaceout11

I would also like to say that this could be applied to the /trash command, but I have been informed that it would take a lot of work on the back-end to make it possible.

Quartet

Staff member
I could see why it would upset people not having a warning before handling an expensive tool, but I feel like it isn't completely necessary. You bought the emerald tool and now you have been entrusted with its safety. I have never dropped an emerald tool or relic on Azertu on accident (this is probably also due to the fact that my drop key is p), however, I have broken my /store bought tools many times and had to re-purchase them.

I could see why it would upset people not having a warning before handling an expensive tool, but I feel like it isn't completely necessary. You bought the emerald tool and now you have been entrusted with its safety. I have never dropped an emerald tool or relic on Azertu on accident (this is probably also due to the fact that my drop key is p), however, I have broken my /store bought tools many times and had to re-purchase them.
Well, 'P' is very far away from the movement area- though I think the server should design with the vanilla control scheme in mind. I think that even if it was only enabled for store-bought items it should be implemented in some fashion. Spending 8 bucks on something that you then accidentally drop into lava would really suck, and for players who have more trouble abstaining from dropping things it would be very discouraging and not necessarily financially viable to be forced to re-purchase an item that could have been protected by a small plugin. With kids and people with all levels of dexterity playing on the server making sure to adjust for that would be a great help while not inconveniencing anyone in any considerable fashion.

Desu

Grandmaster Contributor
I am sooo not used to having this feature on the server, I drop my stuff so many times...

Lazaruslong37

One server I played on required that you crouch before you throw a tool. Perhaps that would be a nice compromise?

EnglishBlonde

I can completely see where you’re coming from with this suggestion, as I also have a tendency to drop my tools on a regular basis.
But it also feels like, and definitely correct me if I’m wrong, StickyMC has taken a much more vanilla approach compared to Azertu, so I could also see why this feature might not/will not be implemented. I think the suggestion re: changing your drop key, is a valid compromise.

ATcrafts

Known Member
Why don't you guys just upgrade your tools to netherite?? I assume it's possible to upgrade emerald tools to netherite tho I'm not sure.

Why don't you guys just upgrade your tools to netherite?? I assume it's possible to upgrade emerald tools to netherite tho I'm not sure.
It is. What would this do besides up the durability and mining speed? (If mining speed is affected by material that much at this level of enchant, mind you.)