Redstone blocks SHOULDN'T count towards limit

cocorobot3

I believe that redstone blocks should not count towards the redstone limit. The blocks themselves are made of redstone are inside redstone machinery, yes, but the blocks themselves provide no toggleable output like a redstone torch, repeater, or wire would. I believe that redstone blocks shouldn't count towards the limit because they look amazing and using them in builds in the same chunk as a redstone contraption isn't possible because it counts towards the limit (or just in general because the limit 35). Redstone blocks do not provide lag in large quantities as, like said earlier, it doesn't provide a toggleable redstone switch/output and is idle. As a redstone user who loves to use redstone a lot, it just doesn't seem reasonable to count the blocks towards the limit. To sum it up, redstone blocks can be used in redstone but don't lag a world like redstone wiring would. Redstone blocks are just like any other normal block beside the fact they enable circuits, but nothing else.

GhostLibra

Helper
Staff member
If they were removed from the limit, I believe more players would find methods of substituting other redstone for the blocks of redstone, meaning they would end up with perhaps hundreds of redstone in a small area performing redstone functions. Futher, players would be tempted to use blocks of redstone for entire builds, ultimately, in summary, I believe this would result in the abuse of the blocks of redstone, and that it would in turn result in lag.

- This is my opinion, and not an official response from stickymc

cocorobot3

If they were removed from the limit, I believe more players would find methods of substituting other redstone for the blocks of redstone, meaning they would end up with perhaps hundreds of redstone in a small area performing redstone functions. Futher, players would be tempted to use blocks of redstone for entire builds, ultimately, in summary, I believe this would result in the abuse of the blocks of redstone, and that it would in turn result in lag.

- This is my opinion, and not an official response from stickymc
Players always find ways to substitute blocks to make redstone more compact and simpler. The difference with redstone blocks is that they always give off a redstone charge making them relatively useless in replacing redstone wiring and repeaters. Players could use them in builds to replace redstone light term, but in no possible way be able to use them in massive builds within the one chunk limit. And if I recall, the only use I've seen redstone blocks used in big term projects is when a piston is moving them between locations - making them unable to be subbed for the usual redstone builds.