Relics n stuff

GhostLibra

Helper
Staff member
Part 1: Improving Relics
Mithrils have guaranteed mending and some level of unbreaking, no adjustments requested for these custom textured tools
Legendaries are set to only have enchantments for their specific tool, and have chances to have both mending and unbreaking, no adjustments requested for these either.
For the other relics, though, I request that they also be set to only possess enchantments that relate to the tools themselves. However! Specifications set so that they are not as good as legendaries and mithrils.
For majestic, chance for mending but no unbreaking, and max of 4 empty rune slots
For rare, chance of unbreaking but no mending, and max of 3 empty rune slots
For uncommon, no chance of unbreaking or mending and max of 2 empty rune slots
For rusty, no unbreaking or mending and no runestones: however, allow these tools to be salvaged for chance at relic core (any stage of relic, see part 2)

Part 2: More relic cores/essences
Like with the mithril core and being able to turn it in at the shady merchant with 8 relic fragments to get a mithril essence, expand this to all relics except rusty relics.
Mithril essence = mithril core + 8 relic fragments
Legendary essence = legendary core + 8 relic fragments
Majestic essence = majestic core + 6 relic fragments
Rare essence = rare core + 4 relic fragments
Uncommon essence = uncommon core + 2 relic fragments

*Edit* Part 2 Continued: Having a variety of cores gives balance to the idea of adding legendary cores, and allows for the opportunity to introduce Dusty Cores, which like dusty runestones and spawner spinners, can give a random relic core.

Part 3: For spawner spinners, substitute netherite scraps for emerald blocks. This fixes the market price for ancient debris and netherite scraps from being worth more than netherite ingots, and it should increase the value of emeralds, subsequently increasing the value of villager trades, including enchantment books.

Last edited:

Kanarinac

I agree with part 3. For everything else, there is really no point. Legendaries are endgame, mithrils are there until u find good legendaries, everything else is bad and should remain bad. And crafting legendaries with essence would make endgame even cheaper then it is now, so no point in that too

NotCoolMacks

Known Member
I like this idea and completely agree with 98% of it, what i see wrong is how much it is to make a uncommon and rare fragment. A single relic fragment will go for about 7k currently, making a rare essence worth be 28k+ and an uncommon one 14k+, i'd see it something more like;
Rare essence = rare core + [new type of fragment]
Uncommon essence = uncommon core + [new type of fragment]
or maybe a new fragment for each one to balance the items you get to the amount paid towards it, if paying 28k to get something worth 1k wouldnt make sense really, unless buffed i dont see how that could work without ruining the economy of other items worth.

edit: essentially, part 2 would not have a good use in the server

GhostLibra

Helper
Staff member
I like this idea and completely agree with 98% of it, what i see wrong is how much it is to make a uncommon and rare fragment. A single relic fragment will go for about 7k currently, making a rare essence worth be 28k+ and an uncommon one 14k+, i'd see it something more like;
Rare essence = rare core + [new type of fragment]
Uncommon essence = uncommon core + [new type of fragment]
or maybe a new fragment for each one to balance the items you get to the amount paid towards it, if paying 28k to get something worth 1k wouldnt make sense really, unless buffed i dont see how that could work without ruining the economy of other items worth.

edit: essentially, part 2 would not have a good use in the server
I see your point, but what i'd like to point out is that part 2 makes it so that the server can implement a dusty core. it can give mithril or leg cores, but also lower tier cores to make the dusty core not as OP. further, while uncommon/rare/majestic relics still will not be as OP as legendaries or as reliable as mithrils, there will be chances to obtain even an uncommon pickaxe with high efficiency.
This would also be less of a concern if relic frags were worth less and cores worth more (as in, it is a player-based problem that can be resolved by players)
Thank you for your feedback though! considering these other ideas help me consider different approaches

GhostLibra

Helper
Staff member
I agree with part 3. For everything else, there is really no point. Legendaries are endgame, mithrils are there until u find good legendaries, everything else is bad and should remain bad. And crafting legendaries with essence would make endgame even cheaper then it is now, so no point in that too
I see what you are saying, however, I feel like if everything else is bad and should remain bad, why bother having them? The relic idea is a wonderful idea, imo, and I believe relics of all stages deserve more recognition than they get

Kanarinac

I see what you are saying, however, I feel like if everything else is bad and should remain bad, why bother having them? The relic idea is a wonderful idea, imo, and I believe relics of all stages deserve more recognition than they get
Everything below legendary is supposed to be source of relic fragments. And thats a really good system. Why bother making something that is supposed to be salvaged good or craftable?

GhostLibra

Helper
Staff member
Everything below legendary is supposed to be source of relic fragments. And thats a really good system. Why bother making something that is supposed to be salvaged good or craftable?
If they are all just relic-fodder, why are they differently tiered? You're right, right now they are all basically just relic fragment fodder or for xp bottles, but I like the idea of them being something more substantial. Of course, they can still just be salvaged, but while they exist, is there any harm in adjusting them? And this system balances the notion of making legendary essences more obtainable by creating a balanced system for obtaining leg's through the shady merchant, while also giving newer players greater opportunities to obtain usable relics while they are still working their way up to mithril and legendary tools.