Some Of My Suggestions

NotCoolMax

NOTE: The suggestions i am stating has been culminated over the past 16+ days. This is also something i do not want approving or denied as these are ideas for future updates on Sticky i would personally like to see, this is being shared as i want feedback on certain things from the community. - Max

Suggestion 1: New King and Hydra Perk - 4th Job

This one has been mentions a substantial amount of times recently, it seems its what the community wants. Why not give it them? The 4th job.
My reasoning for this - Many players, for example Nate6024, who have reached job level 150, which is the current maximum level you can obtain with Wyvern or Prince (3rd Job). This would stop players who feel like they have 'completed' the server, therefore them drifting away from it. That's not what we want to happen to players who have worked hard to obtain such a high job level in less than a year of the server being open.
What is needed to obtain this? - Putting the King and Hydra rank to more use would be perfect for this, giving the King rank its first perk. Also giving the Hydra rank another perk for it being $125.

Suggestion 2: Re-introducing Celebratory Items

Before i speak about it, this idea is inspired by GhostLibra.
Celebratory Caps were introduced at Christmas as something you could obtain and use for a 5% Job Boost permanently. I think new Job Boosts should come out in the form of items instead of Caps. For example, ive got ideas below on some items:
Celebratory Blade - includes 5% job boost exclusively to the Hunter Job.
Celebratory Pickaxe - includes 5% job boost exclusively to the Miner Job.
Celebratory Fishing Rod - includes 5% job boost exclusively to the Fisherman Job.
Celebratory Shovel - includes 5% job boost exclusively to the Digger Job.
Celebratory Pickaxe - includes 5% job boost exclusively to the Digger Job.
Celebratory Axe - includes 5% job boost exclusively to the Lumberjack Job.

Celebratory Hoe - includes 5% job boost exclusively to the Farmer Job.
Celebratory Apron - includes 5% job boost exclusively to the Blacksmith Job.
Celebratory Apron - includes 5% job boost exclusively to the Chef Job.

Suggestion from GhostLibra:
The thing with having an efficiency high enough to insta-break ores is that it comes with an unbreaking of 3 or 4, not as high as 6, and having a jobs boost with insta-mine ore is too OP. Make the player slow down by decreasing efficiency, make the tool more durable so they're less likely to break it accidentally, and increase the fortune to make it more useful. Representing a miner that works slowly but diligently. The tortoise that beats the hare.
^
My edit, this could apply to all jobs that require some sort of tool.

My reasoning for this - Many players can already get their hands on them from either renting them for money or from playing at Christmas, the Caps should stay exclusive to the people to got them previously. Therefore the idea of Items instead could be an alternative to still get the same perks, giving people more of a reason to complete jobs knowing they're getting a boost from it.
What is needed to obtain this? - I've struggled with thinking of ways to get this, it depends on the 'event' it would be used for and what is relevant to that, it should stay the same was as Christmas, by placing items, killing mobs, or breaking items.

Suggestion 3: Giving EXP levels a use

This one may not make to much of a difference the server itself. However, giving level a 'use' would give them some meaning to have. As past your first 2-5 days on the server, you don't enchant items anymore. Therefore, giving them a use in the form of trading them for money, for example the more levels you trade the more money you get, would give a reward for how many you can obtain or have already.
My reasoning for this - Levels are not used on the server as it has a mithril selection so large, it means normal enchanting and 'vanilla' gear is practically useless for what this server has.
How would it work? - To do this, it should be located at the shady merchant. This idea is the only one which needs explaining further to understand the concept of it.
- Trading 1-25 Levels would pay $6 per EXP level, as it such a low level, it gives pretty much nothing.
- Trading 26-75 Levels would pay $16 per EXP level.
- Trading 76 - 90 Levels would pay $42 per EXP level.
- Trading 91-100+ Levels would pay $85 per EXP level.
Why so low? Making it low keeps it something that people wouldn't do as a job, as it would create a lot of money. For example, someone has 1000 EXP level, that would give them 85k from it, taking into consideration how long it would take to get all of those levels.
And this is only a rough idea on what it could be like, i would like levels to be given a use is any form, this is just an idea.

Suggestion 4: Tags for players who obtain Job Level 50

This one is the one which i personally think needs to be added the most, tags for people who obtain job level 50. Keeping it simplistic would be the way to go, getting straight to the point on why you have that tag.
My reasoning for this - Giving something other than money and a flash on the screen for 5 or less seconds announcing it to everyone online in return for a massive accomplishment for something that takes so long to get, if you balance life with gaming it does, needs to be rewarded with something like a tag. Tags are exclusive in game, well tags, that consist of words such as BEAN or Cookie, even logos such as the love heart logo for Valentines day.
What would it consist of and what would it look like? - Good question, it would consist of tags such as;

Miner • NotCoolMax
Digger • NotCoolMax
Lumberjack • NotCoolMax
Farmer • NotCoolMax
Blacksmith • NotCoolMax
Hunter • NotCoolMax
Fisherman • NotCoolMax

Even something so simplistic is still a good reward, a long with the high pay you get.

Suggestion 5: Quests

I was going to add this prior to rooftop_04 making his 'Quest Master' suggestion so I decided to promote it here anyway.

Last edited:

torinparsa

Grandmaster Contributor
I like the idea of a 4th job for King rank but making it obtainable from hydra aims the server towards p2w which is not what the server wants, instead I prefer to have required King rank AND lvl 150 in total job level to obtain a 4th job.

NotCoolMax

I like the idea of a 4th job for King rank but making it obtainable from hydra aims the server towards p2w which is not what the server wants, instead I prefer to have required King rank AND lvl 150 in total job level to obtain a 4th job.
i know what you mean but doesn't that mean that Wyvern is P2W as you can obtain a 3rd job with that or prince where as new players start with 2, it was be in the same situation either way. Right? As its not really P2W as you can obtain it in game also, its not store rank exclusively.

Last edited:

torinparsa

Grandmaster Contributor
i know what you mean but doesn't that mean that Wyvern is P2W as you can obtain a 3rd job with that or prince where as new players start with 2, it was be in the same situation either way. Right? As its not really P2W as you can obtain it in game also, its not store rank exclusively.
What i mean is, not making the server more p2w then it is currently at. which is at a very low level right now and I’m sure adding that to hydra would change that.

NotCoolMax

What i mean is, not making the server more p2w then it is currently at. which is at a very low level right now and I’m sure adding that to hydra would change that.
Real money -> In-game benefits. That simple. You buy things other players can't get just by playing. Thats what P2W is in the most simple way, adding it to the King Rank makes it obtainable through game progression making it not really pay to win, you said its low right now, I personally believe it would stay low, the people that choose to spend money or not for a rank is up to them. Obtaining a 4th Job through a 'expensive' rank, in my eyes that isn't P2W hence why its on there.
This is only my opinion.

Last edited:

NotCoolMax

ALSO, LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS FOR A CHEF AND BLACKSMITH ITEM REGARDING SUGGESTION 2Screenshot_734.png

Last edited:

GhostLibra

ALSO, LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS FOR A CHEF AND BLACKSMITH ITEM REGARDING SUGGESTION 2View attachment 659
chefs apron and blacksmiths apron? or chefs cleaver and blacksmiths hammer? (weapon tool with a texture to look like a hammer weapon?)

also, the efficiency/etc. of the tools is questionable. if they are high eff, etc., they will be more likely to have low unbreaking. i'd rather them be reliable. pickaxe with eff 6, fortune 5, and unbreaking 9: for example, while still giving 5% job boost. further, perhaps these should only be PAY boosts, while the caps provide xp boosts?

NotCoolMax

chefs apron and blacksmiths apron? or chefs cleaver and blacksmiths hammer? (weapon tool with a texture to look like a hammer weapon?)

also, the efficiency/etc. of the tools is questionable. if they are high eff, etc., they will be more likely to have low unbreaking. i'd rather them be reliable. pickaxe with eff 6, fortune 5, and unbreaking 9: for example, while still giving 5% job boost. further, perhaps these should only be PAY boosts, while the caps provide xp boosts?
''chefs apron and blacksmiths apron''

I agree with a Chef's and Blacksmith's Apron in the form of a Chestplate of some sort.

''also, the efficiency/etc. of the tools is questionable. if they are high eff, etc., they will be more likely to have low unbreaking. i'd rather them be reliable. pickaxe with eff 6, fortune 5, and unbreaking 9''

Having high efficiency would be necessary for completing jobs as auto-mining stone and ores makes the job easy, it would have little to no use if it wasn't efficient enough to do so, i would rather have less Unbreaking than less efficiency; for example Efficiency 9, Fortune 4, Unbreaking 6, Mending. this would have to be thought further to come to a final decision

''perhaps these should only be PAY boosts, while the caps provide xp boosts?''

Pay isn't important while leveling up, some people think so but you get high pay when you max the job. Pay boosts will come as server events now and again and shouldn't be given a permanent way of getting it. It gives people a incentive to complete jobs instead of relying and exploiting an easy way to get more money.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:

GhostLibra

The thing with having an efficiency high enough to insta-break ores is that it comes with an unbreaking of 3 or 4, not as high as 6, and having a jobs boost with insta-mine ore is too OP. Make the player slow down by decreasing efficiency, make the tool more durable so they're less likely to break it accidently, and increase the fortune to make it more useful. Representing a miner that works slowly but diligently. The tortoise that beast the hare

NotCoolMax

The thing with having an efficiency high enough to insta-break ores is that it comes with an unbreaking of 3 or 4, not as high as 6, and having a jobs boost with insta-mine ore is too OP. Make the player slow down by decreasing efficiency, make the tool more durable so they're less likely to break it accidently, and increase the fortune to make it more useful. Representing a miner that works slowly but diligently. The tortoise that beast the hare
added to post.

torinparsa

Grandmaster Contributor
Real money -> In-game benefits. That simple. You buy things other players can't get just by playing. Thats what P2W is in the most simple way, adding it to the King Rank makes it obtainable through game progression making it not really pay to win, you said its low right now, I personally believe it would stay low, the people that choose to spend money or not for a rank is up to them. Obtaining a 4th Job through a 'expensive' rank, in my eyes that isn't P2W hence why its on there.
This is only my opinion, nothing else as i'm open to suggestions regarding my forum post, while giving my feedback to yours. :)
ur opinion trash