StickyMC 1.17 & Season 2 Launch

SirKillian

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Everyone!

It's been a while and for good reason. The team has been working on getting the server ready for 1.17 and while it took some time, the time has finally come. However, there is more than just an update. Let me explain; Our current map, economy, and any other stats are over a year old. Things are getting a bit stale. This is why we decided to do server reset and start a new chapter. Yes, yes, controversial. We know but, hear us out...

| StickyMC - Season 2
What does this mean? It's simple. We will reset the server so that everyone starts from scratch again. Money, Items, player vaults, Ender Chests and any other in-game being will not be transferred.

When?
The server will go down for maintenance on August 18 and will be re-opened on Friday the 20th. Keep an eye on our Discord for the exact time of the opening party.

The only thing players will keep is their premium ranks and their tags. (ranks bought on the store)

With this reset we are also introducing a handful of changes to make this new season better than the previous one. We have recoded and optimized a decent amount of code to make sure everything works as smooth as possible. If you notice any bugs, please report them HERE.

| Jobs
Not only did we add 1.17 items to some of the jobs. And will the King rank get a 4th job!
We are also introducing job perks. You will unlock a new perk every time your job level reaches level 15, 30 and 45. Each job has its 3 unique perks that can only be unlocked by being in the job and reaching the required level.
JobPerks.png

Yes! there is auto replant!

| Player Warps
A long requested feature is finally being added to the server. You can open the player warps menu using /pwarp. Inside this menu there is multiple different options. You can browse all warps or select category. On top of that you'll be able to favorite warps.
pwarp1.png

Additionally, to give you the option to promote your warp without having to spam the chat you'll be able to buy a sponsor slot.
There is 5 sponsor slots and you can buy one for $10,000 and the slot will last 24h. As soon as you buy the slot, the paper will turn into your warp.
pwarp2.png

On top of the amazing stuff above, you will be able to rate a player warp and sort warps on rating, alphabetical, most visits, least visits, oldest and newest date.
To create a player warp you can use the command /pwarp set <name>. All players will get 1 warp for free. Players with premium ranks will be able to set multiple. You will also still be able to set your town spawn as how you would currently.

| Weekly Challenge Buff
The good old weekly challenge itself won't change. You will still compete with others for the first spot every single week.
However, The first place will no longer receive a Void Gemstone. Instead they will receive special Knowledge Caps. While wearing these caps you get a 3% experience boost for your job. If the weekly challenge is related to hunter, that week will be a Hunter Knowledge Cap, If the challenge is related to farming, it will be a Knowledge Cap for farming.

| Extra
There has been a fair amount of bug fixes to improve the server overall/ However, here is some of the more notable changes;
- Villagers are disabled. Yes... they won't work at all.
- Rusty, Common and Rare tiers have been removed and will no longer drop from mobs.
- The Holy Cauldron now allows Runestones to be salvaged
- Mobs will now drop their head when killed
- A brand new 1.17 world

That's all for now. We hope to see you on during season 2!

Last edited:

dalamori

This is really disappointing.

It's almost like you learned nothing from imploding and losing most of the player base on Azertu.

Why are you breaking our inv and money? Do you think that's gonna make us happy, or that it would inject freshness into the game because you think it's stale? Because it frustrates the hell out of me...

Also: more broadly, is this your "thing"?
If I keep playing here, are you just going to continually destroy everything I do every couple dozen months or so?

Would you please reconsider this? Maybe put out a poll to say "who wants this"? Because I emphatically do not want to start over from square one.

Melon_Man

Hello Everyone!

It's been a while and for good reason. The team has been working on getting the server ready for 1.17 and while it took some time, the time has finally come. However, there is more than just an update. Let me explain; Our current map, economy, and any other stats are over a year old. Things are getting a bit stale. This is why we decided to do server reset and start a new chapter. Yes, yes, controversial. We know but, hear us out...

| StickyMC - Season 2
What does this mean? It's simple. We will reset the server so that everyone starts from scratch again. Money,

When?
The server will go down for maintenance on August 18 and will be re-opened on Friday the 20th. Keep an eye on our Discord for the exact time of the opening party.

The only thing players will keep is their premium ranks and their tags. (ranks bought on the store)

With this reset we are also introducing a handful of changes to make this new season better than the previous one. We have recoded and optimized a decent amount of code to make sure everything works as smooth as possible. If you notice any bugs, please report them HERE.

| Jobs
Not only did we add 1.17 items to some of the jobs. And will the King rank get a 4th job!
We are also introducing job perks. You will unlock a new perk every time your job level reaches level 15, 30 and 45. Each job has its 3 unique perks that can only be unlocked by being in the job and reaching the required level.
JobPerks.png

| Player Warps
A long requested feature is finally being added to the server. You can open the player warps menu using /pwarp. Inside this menu there is multiple different options. You can browse all warps or select category. On top of that you'll be able to favorite warps.
pwarp1.png

Additionally, to give you the option to promote your warp without having to spam the chat you'll be able to buy a sponsor slot.
There is 5 sponsor slots and you can buy one for $10,000 and the slot will last 24h. As soon as you buy the slot, the paper will turn into your warp.
pwarp2.png

On top of the amazing stuff above, you will be able to rate a player warp and sort warps on rating, alphabetical, most visits, least visits, oldest and newest date.
To create a player warp you can use the command /pwarp set <name>. All players will get 1 warp for free. Players with premium ranks will be able to set multiple. You will also still be able to set your town spawn as how you would currently.

| Weekly Challenge Buff
The good old weekly challenge itself won't change. You will still compete with others for the first spot every single week.
However, The first place will no longer receive a Void Gemstone. Instead they will receive special Knowledge Caps. While wearing these caps you get a 3% experience boost for your job. If the weekly challenge is related to hunter, that week will be a Hunter Knowledge Cap, If the challenge is related to farming, it will be a Knowledge Cap for farming.

| Extra
There has been a fair amount of bug fixes to improve the server overall/ However, here is some of the more notable changes;
- Rusty, Common and Rare tiers have been removed and will no longer drop from mobs.
- A brand new 1.17 world

NO Melon man says no to this

Melon_Man

It's almost like you learned nothing from imploding and losing most of the player base on Azertu.

Why are you breaking our inv and money? Do you think that's gonna make us happy, or that it would inject freshness into the game because you think it's stale? Because it frustrates the hell out of me...

If I keep playing here, are you just going to continually destroy everything I do every couple dozen months or so?

Would you please reconsider this? Maybe put out a poll to say "who wants this"? Because I emphatically do not want to start over from square one.
I agree man melon man hates this

cocorobot3

Known Member

Like, I get where you are coming from but it's his server. I've spent a good amount of time on sticky and it's just something that servers do. I have not been on a single server who doesn't reset.

cocorobot3

Known Member
I wanna know what Warp rating is.... like... can i rate someone 1 star for bad service now tf? that sounds cool if so.

NotCoolMax

Staff member
I can't see how this can be a bad thing, if anything it'll give new players a better chance too compete against the other older players as baltop is 18M+ as of right now. Restarting will give everyone a second chance at being at the top

Edit - the economy is broken with certain items anyway, restarting would make everything more even.

Rhiannon

Administrator
Staff member

While I understand your frustration, as most people aren't super fond of seeing their towns & items vanish, a fresh, clean start is something that could be very nice. Most servers do end up resetting every so often. I haven't been on a server that doesn't, in my personal experience. After so long, you reach goals, reach max levels, collect all the cool items, and then the map and the server just become a bit stale. You end up sitting in your base for awhile just reading chat because you don't know what to do next. While your feelings are completely valid and you are 100% entitled to your opinion, not everyone will share those same views. Azertu was around for over 2 years before it reset. Sticky's map is over a year old. Many new things are being added or changed, which just pairs very well with a fresh start. And going off what Max said, this will encourage new players to join and stick around, giving them a chance to be on the top of leaderboards, starting towns and having a chance before competing against the big towns, etc. No one takes enjoyment from wiping towns and items, but seeing the possibilities for this new map is something many look forward to :)

RoraPookie

Helper
Staff member
Just a couple of questions:

| StickyMC - Season 2
What does this mean? It's simple. We will reset the server so that everyone starts from scratch again. Money,

Was there something meant to come after Money, ? It seems to just stop mid sentence and I am curious what is missing there.

So we are allowed to keep ranks bought from the store, but are we also allowed to keep items purchased from the store, for example my set of emerald tools? I understand not making people pay twice for a rank but are we expected to pay out RL money, again, for a set of tools?

Other than that I am uber excited to see all the changes.

maxpuffff

this genuinely rubs me the wrong way. why wasn’t there a poll to ask what everyone wants? (and if there was, sorry i missed it) i’ve worked so hard to get where i am, especially after the Aztertu reset. it took me months to finally get on and play because i was so disappointed that i lost everything. now i’m losing it again? even those who have paid for items, their money is going down the drain while you’re making profit? and you won’t let us keep our money or our mithrils? i think it’s insanely stupid.

dalamori

Thank you, everyone who replied to me above, I appreciate it.

It's pretty clear from the words above that no words of mine here will cause you to reconsider. That's too bad. I'm sure maybe the people at the top of the leaderboards are looking for a new leaderboard race; but I never cared about or bothered looking at the leaderboards; I don't have the time to deal with them, so they don't apply to me.

As far as the map being a year old ... well, I'm a casual player; that's a really aggressive wipe schedule for me. As a casual, I don't feel like I had enough time to play the game this round...

For example:
- I'm still looking for a relic-quality pick. I'm currently using a two vanilla-enchanted: one with silk and one without.
- I didn't get enough time to finish building the basement in my house.
- I finally got a good Power X bow to use for phantom weekends, but there hasn't been one yet, since I got the bow.
- I'm just finally getting my villager collection finished. Hardly anyone has even had a chance to see it yet...

And I'm upset; because it sounds like in another 12 months, the people at the top of the leaderboard will get antsy again; and I'll lose everything ... again. This reminds me of World of Warcraft: every new expansion, all your previous work becomes worthless. Well, some people live for that grind, and I sincerely hope you guys find a bunch of people like that to fill this game up. But I feel kind of handicapped.

Thanks for listening,
-Dalamori

Rhiannon

Administrator
Staff member
this genuinely rubs me the wrong way. why wasn’t there a poll to ask what everyone wants? (and if there was, sorry i missed it) i’ve worked so hard to get where i am, especially after the Aztertu reset. it took me months to finally get on and play because i was so disappointed that i lost everything. now i’m losing it again? even those who have paid for items, their money is going down the drain while you’re making profit? and you won’t let us keep our money or our mithrils? i think it’s insanely stupid.
Most servers reset at some point. Maps that are too old become stale and turn away new players. If we let players keep their money & mithrils, that defeats the purpose. We discussed this in detail as a staff team for awhile and came to this decision. I also would like to point out that no profit was made. All the money goes directly back into the server. Paying the server upkeep, upgrades, implementing new things. Unfortunately, none of those things are free.

Rhiannon

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, everyone who replied to me above, I appreciate it.

It's pretty clear from the words above that no words of mine here will cause you to reconsider. That's too bad. I'm sure maybe the people at the top of the leaderboards are looking for a new leaderboard race; but I never cared about or bothered looking at the leaderboards; I don't have the time to deal with them, so they don't apply to me.

As far as the map being a year old ... well, I'm a casual player; that's a really aggressive wipe schedule for me. As a casual, I don't feel like I had enough time to play the game this round...

For example:
- I'm still looking for a relic-quality pick. I'm currently using a two vanilla-enchanted: one with silk and one without.
- I didn't get enough time to finish building the basement in my house.
- I finally got a good Power X bow to use for phantom weekends, but there hasn't been one yet, since I got the bow.
- I'm just finally getting my villager collection finished. Hardly anyone has even had a chance to see it yet...

And I'm upset; because it sounds like in another 12 months, the people at the top of the leaderboard will get antsy again; and I'll lose everything ... again. This reminds me of World of Warcraft: every new expansion, all your previous work becomes worthless. Well, some people live for that grind, and I sincerely hope you guys find a bunch of people like that to fill this game up. But I feel kind of handicapped.

Thanks for listening,
-Dalamori
Thank you for the feedback, Dalamori
Everyone has different priorities, goals, and such when it comes to playing on the server. Unfortunately, we cannot make everyone happy, as much as we wish we could.
We did not make this decision based on those at the top of the leaderboards. We took many things into consideration when discussing the reset. New players & old. I'm sorry you did not get to accomplish all that you wanted to. But a reset means endless possibilities, with new & exciting goals to accomplish
We do not plan resets months in advance. We have no reason to discuss another reset when this one hasn't happened yet. Azertu was 1.12 and we did not update until 1.15 (Over 2 years). Although, I will disagree with the WoW example. A new expansion allows for more progress to be made, new discoveries to be found, new raids/ bosses, and many cool features. You don't lose any progress/ work with an expansion. All your mounts, pets, achievements, levels, etc. are there.
I do get how it is upsetting to lose builds, items, etc. But I sincerely believe a fresh start is something that will be refreshing:)

Doozle

Hello Everyone!

| StickyMC - Season 2
What does this mean? It's simple. We will reset the server so that everyone starts from scratch again. Money, Items, player vaults, Ender Chests and any other in-game being will not be transferred.

When?

| Jobs
JobPerks.png

| Player Warps
pwarp1.png

pwarp2.png

| Weekly Challenge Buff

| Extra
- A brand new 1.17 world

Hello Everyone!

| StickyMC - Season 2

When?

| Jobs
JobPerks.png

| Player Warps
pwarp1.png

pwarp2.png

| Weekly Challenge Buff

| Extra
- A brand new 1.17 world

I'm really disappointed that I'm loosing my town that I worked hard on. :( Are you going to release a world save for single player worlds if possible? I'm proud of my town and would quite like to keep it around, even if that is on a single player world. I'd really appreciate it if you could.

Rhiannon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really disappointed that I'm loosing my town that I worked hard on. :( Are you going to release a world save for single player worlds if possible? I'm proud of my town and would quite like to keep it around, even if that is on a single player world. I'd really appreciate it if you could.
There are mods that allow you to make a save/ schematic of your town/builds, you are more than welcome to do that!:)

NotCoolMax

Staff member
Do you happen to know how to do that?
you have to download a mod called 'litematica' and 'malilib', fabric launcher etc. is required also, i could do it for you if you need me too and send you the file of it? you'd need the mod to paste/load it in anyway. I could help you with that

Doozle

you have to download a mod called 'litematica' and 'malilib', fabric launcher etc. is required also, i could do it for you if you need me too and send you the file of it? you'd need the mod to paste/load it in anyway. I could help you with that
Thanks very much I appreciate it! I'll try it myself first and then reply again if it doesn't work.