Store Purchase Sound

Every time someone makes a purchase on the server store, there is a super obnoxious noise that its extremely loud. We cannot turn this noise down as its a specific mob dying that is separate from any of the noise settings (I have tested this).

I have bass headphones. I have my computer volume turned down and the game volume turned down aswell. But the purchase noise in-game is SO LOUD, that its like it completely bypasses my own volume settings. It honestly hurts my ears sometimes. And everybody has complained about this each time it happens. Without fail, there are at least 5 people in the chat complaining.

New players always hate it. Older players say they're used to it. It is so obvious that no one likes the noise and yet, it remains. Can something be done? Turn it down? Change the sound to something else? Maybe a dog barking noise, or a exp lvl up noise?

Why pick a sound that no one has any control over in their own settings? Why give no one the choice NOT to have hearing damage?

I mean, you can just turn off the sound for Minecraft if you really wanted to not hear it.. 💁‍♀️
Problem with that being you are in danger of creepers and lava and it makes a couple things more difficult. Subtitles only help so much. Added onto the fact that you can't even turn it down. It's 100% even if the rest of your minecraft is 10%.

I mean, you can just turn off the sound for Minecraft if you really wanted to not hear it.. 💁‍♀️
That is the most idiotic logic. I should be at a disadvantage if I don't want to have hearing damage or a mini heart attack? You ever play Minecraft before? You would know that sound is pretty essential when playing the game.

PhoenixScorchy

That is the most idiotic logic. I should be at a disadvantage if I don't want to have hearing damage or a mini heart attack? You ever play Minecraft before? You would know that sound is pretty essential when playing the game.
I'm gonna have to disagree as I haven't had sound on for minecraft for almost a year now and it doesn't really change how I play.

Rhiannon

Administrator
Staff member
I have to agree with Scorchy, I rarely have my Minecraft sound on and it does not affect me in anyway.
We haven't really expressed any interest in removing, or changing the sound

I do think it's quite amusing when people express being frightened with it in chat and use caps to express it being loud, they get told to avoid caps. There's always several people doing so and there's absolutely no warning to new players to not have their volume on. (Sticky has the difficulty at hard so it's really dangerous to players who can't fly and lack good armor to have no volume on. That's essentially a death sentence in a lot of cases.)

I have to agree with Scorchy, I rarely have my Minecraft sound on and it does not affect me in anyway.
We haven't really expressed any interest in removing, or changing the sound
Just because you yourself haven't had an issue with it does not mean it is not an issue for everyone else. The first few times I have heard the shoutout sound, I had a panic attack. I absolutely hate loud noises due to constant headaches, and I always have my sound on below 35% on everything. My computer volume, headset volume, game volumes, youtube videos, you name it. Hearing loss runs in my family, and I'd rather not have premature hearing loss caused by stubborn administration.
If everyone has their sound off, since it is 'so unimportant,' then why have the shoutout sounds? It ruins the experience for players who genuinely enjoy the server. Does it not bother you that you lose your players due to being stubborn about volume change?

DeadDaySam

At least turn it down, god damn. All jokes aside it's much louder than needed and is visibly causing problems within the community.

Feuer101

I always play minecraft with the sound off. 🤷‍♀️

I always play minecraft with the sound off. 🤷‍♀️
Well, unfortunately for you, not everyone does that. I know a few people who need the sounds to play. I also would prefer to keep the sounds on without damaging my hearing. You might be able to play with the sounds off, but that does not mean everyone.

GigaFang

The sound is irritating and unnecessarily loud. Now I just get mad when someone buys something from the store. The people suggesting to turn sound off are avoiding the issue as everything else in the server is audio balanced perfectly fine except for that and the majority of the population who play Minecraft have their sound on because it's part of the game experience. There is no warning and it seems to have a more negative impact than a positive one (based on observation). I have reservations about streaming on the server as well since a significant portion of my viewers have my stream as a background noise that they don't expect to get jumpscared by. It is unprofessional to have something so audio-imbalanced on a stream but I cannot resolve it using tools within the game other than turning sound off entirely which makes it unwatchable.

I am not saying get rid of the sound entirely. I just want it to be balanced appropriately instead of setting loudness to 10,000

SaharaTheEpic

Known Member
idk, i play the game with music going all the time and cant hear the actual game sound and its never been a problem

Woohlii

Known Member
The only fair way to do this is to hold a poll for a couple of days on the discord (where most of the community activity happens) regarding whether the sound should stay or not. This shouldn't be a discussion that comes to the conclusion that you need to play without your game sound? That is absolutely ridiculous. Quoting Rhia "We haven't really expressed any interest in removing, or changing the sound" unfortunately the community has brought this up as an issue and I don't think you should be just shrugging it off like that. to me, it just seems to be the staff and maybe one or two old players who are onboard with the sound and I'm afraid that doesn't suffice, at least not in my eyes. Hold a poll and if the results show that the majority like it then fine, but I can almost guarantee that will not be the case.